Custom Search

Fragrant Fall Colors

A glimpse of nature's splendor starts to evolve around early October. The day starts with mild autumn tone coupled with crisp, cool and refreshing chill. Every fall, nature puts on a brilliant color spectacle around us. From bright yellows to vibrant reds, the leaves transform, showing their rich striking and vibrant hues.. The once green trees of spring and summer alter their appearance, displaying such warm colors as fiery red, golden yellow, glowing orange, and rich brown. The whole atmosphere is so beautiful so breathtaking so splendid !
Do you remember the distinctive smell of the earth when it rains for the first time ? The pleasant smell that accompanies the first rain drops after a dry sweaty, muggy spell of heat.. It's been over a decade I left India but I still remember that smell. For that matter, I think India is very fragrant country. (Just to make myself clear, I am not talking about all the distinct odors, sniffy smells etc ...ouch... that's a whole different story...I am talking about aromas, fragrances :) Those small flowers like Tuberose, Jasmine, Gardenia, Roses.. tiny delicate flowers packed with powerful fragrance. When the wind whisks away their scents, they make you stop and acknowledge their presence. In US, there are very pretty, beautiful flowers but they lack that powerful fragrance. I have a Jasmine plant and it blooms with 20-25 flowers at a time.. But you almost have to put your nose on it to smell it. Back in India, I am sure it will bask the whole building with its smell.
And now the idea struck my mind..what if we got best of both worlds for both sides of the world ? What if trees and plants in Indian subcontinent started showing beautiful fall colors before they shed their leaves for winter... and what if all those pretty flowers in US side of the world started smelling ? Won't it be ideal ? I know if I Google it, there will be hundreds of pages explaining what happens why and why it's not possible... I don't want to hear all that scientific explanation... I just feel everyone should get to enjoy these natural wonders all over the world. No marketing gimmicks, no profiteering.... Just a refreshing moment to forget everyday hectic chaos.... a brief pause to take a breath and be thankful for common blessings of life.
Delightful Priceless Pleasures-courtesy Nature !

No comments: