Custom Search

My Home for sale

This morning our house went on market for sale….. We were preparing for this to happen for a while…… But today it seems real….. The guy came and put the sale sign up on the yard… Since this morning I have been feeling somber if not downright sad….We are excited than ever about moving in our new dream home in months ahead…and we have been wanting to do this for a long time now… But, at least today, I am not feeling that thrilled about actually selling my home.. You may think it’s a ranting…..and maybe it slightly is… After all, I am the last person you will find that gets attached to THINGS that easily… I like having things but getting emotionally attached to them is just not my thing… really……... I would rather preserve memories than preserve things …But for the first time I am realizing its little hard to sell something that sort of defines you in many ways… For that matter I don’t think I have sold anything in my life ……sounds funny right? I do have an MBA in marketing so I think I know the knickknacks of selling but in real life I don’t remember going out and selling anything …not even a cookie…….. And now I am ready to sell my home… A house that we made into home for last 7+ years… A home that saw several ups and downs as our family grew… I don’t remember being this emotional about leaving the apartment and moving in here… After all, there was no ownership there… It wasn’t a personal property… but now that I have been preparing this house for sale and trying to go neutral and de-personalize everything to appeal to the potential buyers, its making me realize just how much personal attachment I have here…. Moving on is mantra of my whole life… I will be more than ok tomorrow… after all, I have done this before… just over a decade ago, I left all my personal attachments behind and was headed for something new, exciting yet unknown life here in US and look how wonderful that has turned out to be… Bitter-Sweet? You bet… and certainly this time its not that difficult…. A brand new dream home is getting ready for us and we are more than eager to move in soon… But today, I just want to pause and take my time to cherish the memories I have shared in this home… a beautiful starter home that will be somebody else’s soon…. Leaving it behind is emotionally harder than I ever thought… I guess that’s what a home does to you!!!

1 comment:

Rajesh said...

Very well written Tayanya....!!!