Custom Search

One day without pitter-patter ;)

Today we are forgetting the words silence, quietness and peace. Chaos, clutter, noise, loud speakers, sound pollutions have become all but unfortunate part of our life. Blood pressure, headaches, deafness are becoming common illnesses. We try get a break, to attain peace, we run to beaches, resorts, forests, tourist destinations away from big cities. Then again all those places are crowded too. Peace of mind brings concentration. Peace of mind also helps you be introspective. Moreover it can help you think .I think in this world littered with propaganda advertisements, we need to focus back on thinking independently. Creativity needs peace of mind. Mind feels tired and exhausted with constant noise and chaos. Your ability to work reduces in such environment. What if everyone decides to keep a silence for a day? It will be very tough for me with kids around but its worth giving it a try...Remember reading the phrase 'while speech is silver, silence is gold '. So true! Words are effective but sometimes silence is more powerful. Just the way body needs rest, our mouth needs silence to rest. I think if you control your internal chaos through silence and introspection, outside chaos will automatically stop. Silence can bring peace. I am deciding to switch tv off from my life at least for a week. I am consicensoiusly trying to be more pithy with my expressions ;)as well.. I will let you know the results shortly....Stay Tuned !!!

2 comments:

EmotionalLogic said...

Surprisingly, I didn't know the complete phrase. I just knew that 'silence is gold' but now with silver playing its part it is making all the more sense to me :)
and BTW I am tuned it already.. I totally agree with you on managing the internal chaos. I hope it works for you :)

Taynya said...

Well Now you know the phrase. But now a days silver is as much precious as gold so you get the trade off. My convineant sileance is working ;)I am managaing more peacefully for sure...