Custom Search

Ghajini and Memento

Today is the release of the much anticipated Hindi film Ghajini… Ever since I landed in India, I have been listening and watching so much about this film promos.…All about the talented actor , his hard work to get the desired look, the songs, the competition among Bollywood actors and what not… So I, just like millions others, am very curious to see what the film is all about.

Interestingly, not much has been talked about the story…. After all, most Hindi movies treat stories so secondary…like a side act… Its more of the same melodrama pattern. Most of the movies, with some notable exceptions, are all about the actors, the gossips and the music. But I thought this movie was little different.. After all it is from the India’s Oscar nominated actor… I expected maybe another original masterpieces like Lagan or Rang de Basanti . Maybe this movie also will be something memorable.

But, after initial review, it looks like Ghajini is a blatant remake of the film Memento. There is nothing wrong in basing the story on the other films. But this is more than that. I don’t see any mention of this fact anywhere either… That’s interesting since the entire entertainment industry is fighting against the piracy and rightfully so. Irony is when the whos who of the filmmakers do the same thing without acknowledging the original work. I just read the interview of the lead actor suggesting that Ghajini is not a remake of Memento and it made me laugh. It is and we know it.. Sorry your lies have been caught.

No comments: